Title Overview

As a teenager & young adult living in the fast lane it surely did make me try to lose my mind (as the song says). But then there was a change that occurred in my life in which I am glad to say “I’d like to keep my mind !” Guess that’s why I love 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. That goes to show me who had control over my mind! Don’t think for a moment that we are not who we hang out with, listen to, read about or look at! I am thankful for a new walk, and a new talk for I once was lost but am now found!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Summer!

Well even though it's 65 degrees, we decided to get things rolling.  So follow along on our journey thru getting things in order: yeah!
Next best thing to a four wheeler!  Just ask my kids...lol 

Now this and the next picture are very interesting since i planted these seeds like uh last year...and yes I now have dill weed growing (which by the way, I found out is good for the stomach)...Can't wait for cucumbers to start growing so  I can pickle.  That is like our all time favorite since most people probably already know how much we like pickles around here. 
Oh my word...ok last year I planted like a million yellow marigold seeds, and I think 3 plants sprouted and took up about 4 feet of space in my front garden.  Well, we pulled the dead stuff today and this is what was underneath....I am just amazed.  Can you tell I am having too much fun??  Well I am loving this, cuz thanks to my blogger friends I have learned some things.  I am gonna let these grow a bit stronger and them move some to my vegetable garden as a repellant and germinator (lol).  Cool huh??
Now for the garden....ok plain old krist don't have a heart attack...I don't have any chickens yet or a compost and I am still learning this gardening stuff anyway...so out with the old (good bye scrumptous broccoli I have so enjoyed you)!
And start of the new, altough I hope I am not to late with some...well it's fun trying anyway.  I saved some egg crates to plant my seeds.  They are a little flimsy but seem to be holding up.  I planted approx 100 seeds so we will what see what happens.  I planted cucumber, yellow melon, cherry tomatoes, okra, crooked neck & butternut squash, eggplant, green pepper, & better boy tomatoes.  Now from my understanding, it may be too late for the eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers, but I had it so we will give it a shot...this is a learning process anyway right?
Ahhhhhhh, & here comes a wittle baby peeking his wil sprout out!   Wow God is so awesome....he gives us food, air, water, life...what else can we ask for. 
God even blessed my neighbor with a tiller so we could use it...lol
We are gonna come back and form our rows in the near future...so keep tuned in.

And last but not least, look at the buds on this satsuma tree.  We planted it last year along with a lemon & blood orange tree.  The blood orange is the only one that don't have buds yet.  My mouth is watering already.... 

ALL I CAN SAY IS "THANK YOU LORD"

No comments:

Post a Comment